Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spock to retire?


From ew, I’m gonna say it: Khhhhhhaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn! Who else could we possibly blame for Leonard Nimoy’s recent admission that he plans to retire?

That’s right: The man formerly known as Spock intends to step down from his acting career after finishing his arc as Dr. William Bell on Fringe. That means no more Bell, and no more Spock — even when it comes to Star Trek’s 2012 sequel. Says Nimoy to the Toronto Sun: “I want to get off the stage. Also, I don’t think it would be fair to [Star Trek's 2009 Spock] Zachary Quinto…He’s a terrific actor, he looks the part, and it’s time to give him some space.” (Ha. Space. Was the pun intended? I’d like think so.)
And get this: He might even retire from sci-fi conventions. Gah! I don’t know, PopWatchers. I loved Zachary Quinto in last year’s film, but are we ready for Leonard Nimoy to disappear from our lives like a red shirt? Do you think he’ll at least perform a follow-up to “Ballad of Bilbo Baggins” for us?

Either way, live long and prosper, my friend. Because I’m sure you haven’t heard that enough.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Honestly, he looks tired.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...