Friday, April 30, 2010

Watch Iron Man get his ass kicked!

This clip also features the very, very cool Suitcase Suit.

I'm still hopeful about this, despite the cinemablend post about meh reviews that JPX put up earlier this week. I just watched the first one again, and agreed with the cinemablend guy's comments. (Which I'm pasting below because I'm too lazy to conjure anything of my own. Also I'm at work.)

"Most reviewers seem to think the film is wildly uneven and too light on action. They say that keeps it from being as much fun as the first one, though I wonder how long it’s been since they saw the first one. Much as I love the original Iron Man it’s also wildly uneven and, to be frank, kind of light on action too. The first act of the film is a blast but that final act never really takes off and zooms into the stratosphere the way it should have. To me the things most of these critics complain about are the very same things that didn’t work in the first one. And the first one, in spite of those things, was a lot of fun."

Watch the clip here.

There are a few more clips here.

8 comments:

JPX said...

I never watch clips because I feel that it dilutes the experience of seeing a film for the first time. I don't mind trailers as much because they don't spoil entire sequences. I'm still hoping that this new film has some game.

Octopunk said...

No dude, watch the clip! It's only a minute long. At least watch until the Suitcase turns into a Suit.

Your philosophy is stupid and wrong.

JPX said...

Okay you were right, that was fucking cool.

nowandzen said...

It's funny how people romanticize their thoughts on a movie over time, like anything else I suppose. I agree that the first was pretty much a blast through the first half and very uneven towards the end with Iron Monger being somewhat of a letdown. I do love Jeff Bridges and I liked his role, it's just the finale was not so great.

From early viewings I expect about the same from this one. Probably uneven and ham-handed in some areas, bold, bawdy and exciting in others but overall a fun romp.

Oh.. Hi all!

Octopunk said...

Hi Nowandzen! Hope you can continue to hang out.

nowandzen said...

Thanks man. I have been super busy and my web browsing time has been pretty much non existent.

I knew Iron Man was close so I went to look for early reviews and of course I wanted to see what you folks were thinking.

I started reading Iron Man when I was around 7, used to go to the 7-11, get an Icee in a baseball cap and the new edition of that, fant 4 and spiderman and my afternoon was set. Hell sometimes I wouldn't even make it out of the parking lot before I sat down to read what happened next with Ironman. But I digress...

JPX said...

I've seen Iron Man 2 and it's very uneven. The first action sequence doesn't occur until 30 minutes in and then, well, nothing until the last 30 minutes. Still, it's pretty decent but it doesn't lend itself to repeat viewings.

nowandzen said...

Damn... I was starting to think the director really knew what he was doing, apparently he has clay feet. Oh well I'll see it anyway.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...