Monday, October 26, 2015

Big Tits Zombie



(2010)  
I can feel you rolling your eyes as you read the title and I don't like it, but hear me out, this is a uniquely absurd and fun film based on a manga comic. Make no mistake, the original Japanese version is an awful movie with juvenile humor and terrible special effects. In other words, it's everything you would expect from a movie entitled Big Tits Zombie. However, in the English dubbed version the voice actors ad lib their own dialog and frequently poke fun at the modestly budgeted film. So the way to enjoy this is by watching the dubbed version with English subtitles. At times it can be a challenge to follow the real story while simultaneously taking in the hilarity that is coming out of the voice actors' mouths.

Not that the story is extremely elaborate, mind you. Basically a group of strippers find an occult book and bring the dead back to life by chanting a spell (the dubbed version includes lyrics from Joe Cocker's Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong). It's harmless titillation and I'm not ashamed to admit I chuckled pretty much throughout its entirety. My favorite running joke was the competition between the strippers to out-pun one another. I've seen a lot of bad movies in my day and this one ranks somewhere in the middle.

4 comments:

AC said...

If Octopunk creates a trophy for best title, this one would be a contender!

DKC said...

HA! That's true, AC!

Catfreeek said...

Ha! Can't say I'm sold but the title is great!

Octopunk said...

Yes but what about Crazy Bitches?

Another thorough and thoughtful review, Herr Pants. I like your recommendation but I'm not sure if I could take the dialogue disconnect. Maybe I'd have to watch the Japanese version first, or really go for broke and watch the dub with the original subtitles.

Orrr just not watch it altogether, which is also likely.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...