Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Moon Of The Wolf



(1972)**

70's made-for-tv horror in all it's glory. A werewolf is running rampant through a small Louisiana town leaving a trail of bodies in its wake. Nearly everyone in town is a suspect as the sheriff tries to unravel the mystery.

There's NO business like SHOW business...

This was the most unsatisfying werewolf film I have ever seen. Being that it was made-for-tv and back in the early 70's I can assure you that there is not a single bit of gore present throughout the entire film though you do see many people cringing at what we never get to see. The most enjoyable part of the film was all the recognizable actors that were in it, most of which I couldn't name. I found myself constantly saying, hey I know that guy or I remember her from The Love Boat  or wasn't he on Love American Style. The werewolf himself was far too well groomed, he was a real snappy dresser too. Not unenjoyable to watch but definitely lackluster as a horror film goes. If any of you biddies are feeling nostalgic I say go for it!

6 comments:

AC said...

For some reason the word "cheesy" comes to mind! Has there ever been great made for tv horror?

JPX said...

AC a feew years ago I was on a mad tear with made-for-TV horror and I discovered a few good gems. I need to look them up...

Yes, Cat, this sounds AWFUL! I really dislike movies from the early 70s.

Trevor said...

They sell better werewolf costumes in Target. Hard to believe the make-up/costuming was that far behind.

I remember seeing a made for TV dracula from the '70s. Oddly, it was remarkably similar to Coppola's adpatation from the early '90s.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

JPX, I made a list of my favorite made for TV horror movies but I have no idea where it is! Help!

This movie sounds like fun. That is one helluva snappy dresser!

Octopunk said...

The werewolf on the title card looks like they boosted a Lon Chaney shot -- and doesn't look much like the well-presented gentleman from the movie. Am I wrong?

Also, I feel like the title allllmost doesn't make any sense. "Moon of the Wolf?" I guess that makes sense, but it sounds stupid.

Abduscias said...

Yeah,not a fan of wolf men. And yes, that does look like a shot of Lon Chaney's wolf man. There is a big difference in a wolf man and a werewolf. The wolf man look like the hypertrichosis disease and the werewolf looks more like a giant wolf on 2 legs(see Dog Soldiers).

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...