Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Homebodies


(1973)***

Summerisle has been telling me to see this film for years and he finally scored a VHS copy off of Ebay. What a find! I knew nothing about this film and didn’t even read the box before I threw it in. What unfolded was a seemingly innocuous little film about 6 senior citizens who refuse to vacate their condemned building. The film quickly turns from cute to startling as these 6 begin to murder anyone associated with their eviction. The first murder was especially surprising and it caught me off guard. As the film reaches its climax the group begins to turn on one another. This was a delightfully dark little film bolstered by the powerful performances of the elderly cast. If you can find a copy check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah, I just love this movie ever so much. Find me another movie with an paddle boat chase involving the elderly, I dare you! I would love to see it get a proper dvd release someday.

JPX said...

It made me scared of old people. It's like the anti-Cocoon!

Octopunk said...

Too bad the movie's thirty years old and the cast is dead, otherwise they could do a "Homebodies Vs. Living Hell Lady" flick.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...