Monday, August 28, 2006

Little Children Trailer is stressful

Little Children trailer

From Iwatchstuff, "The trailer for Little Children looks pretty intense, showing two strained relationships that are about to explode like a metaphorical train wreck. I was able to derive this from the images of troubled relationships and hinted romances accompanied by the steady soundtrack of an oncoming train. It was the same way I was able to recognize my grandma's death as a madcap, goofy ride from the sounds surrounding her, which left me with a confused feeling. Why did she have to die watching The Benny Hill Show? Why was the wacky, sped-up pursuit of a beautiful woman so hilarious, even in this time of crisis? And who had stabbed my grandma?

The movie, by the Academy Award nominated director of In the Bedroom, Todd Field, stars Academy Award nominee Kate Winslet, Academy Award winner Jennifer Connelly, and Patrick Wilson, a good-for-nothing nobody."

2 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Ok, after watching the trailer, I still have no idea what this movie is about. The background noise is used to great effect though.

Octopunk said...

What that trailer really needs is a kid saying "Pinky! Get off the loine!"

I'm reminded of Intersection, which I never saw or want to see. I had to look it up just now to remember the name right...basically the same trailer but with a car crash metaphor. Ka-smash!

Man, how could you cheat on Jennifer Connelly? Didn't that guy see the poster for Career Opportunities? Her character must be a beeeYOTCH.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...