Thursday, August 24, 2006

Everything old is new again, briefly. Then it's old again.


Horrorthon 2006! It's coming to get you!

In preparation, I'm putting a plan in motion to post all of our 2004 reviews that we just emailed to each other in the pre-blog era. The only problem is this: I can't access Yahoo from work, just my Mac, and only my work PC's Internet Explorer blogger setup lets me back-date posts. For those of you on the east coast, it means old reviews will be parked up top each day I do this until I can get to work and change 'em. (Right now I'm eating lunch at a Mexican restaurant I just discovered whose upstairs neighbors have a wireless hookup, hee hee.) Anyway, here's my final review from 2004, movie # 98. Which I believe is still the Horrorthon record.

Who's got the moxie to knock me off this mountain? C'mon, go for it!

Twenty minutes later, back at work

Okay, I did it. Switched the date. If you look at the Archives section (which for some annoying reason is showing up at the bottom of the page on my work PC, instead of the top), you'll now see there's a November 2004. Awwww yeaahh. If you want to read my Ring review, click here.

9 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Well done Octo. Thoughts: 1) The term "Sea goblin" sounds does sound somewhat goofy but I would chalk that up to poor translation or maybe literal but not cool sounding? 2) Your analysis in paragraph 4 is dead on. I think that's the exact reason the 3 of us, as horror obsessives, are so captivated with the film. 3) I need to start reading Lovecraft pronto. 4) Scariest American movie ever made? Bold statement. Trying desperately to refute but I got nothing at the moment. Let me think about this one...

(By the way, I hate numbering my thoughts, just did it out of pure laziness).

JPX said...

Man I love that image from The Ring! The picture alone gives me goosebumps...

JPX said...

Love The Ring review, by the way. It should stand as the definitive comment on the film. The Ring really is my favorite horror film, or at least it's a tie with Halloween.

Octopunk said...

Shout out to Jordan for that pic.

YO, JORDAN!!!

(Jordan opens window, blinking)"What the...uh, hey Jeff. What are you doing here? What are you sitting on?"

Thanks for that picture you sent me from The Ring. I mean it. (I kick my spurs into my giant lizard) Yah! (I tear off into Central Park).

That was no dream, Jordan. That was no dream.

Octopunk said...

I just answered Johnnysweatpants's comments on the comment page for the review itself. Sticking comments on the old reviews can be fun...although weirdly enough I still have all the original comments saved in my "Horrorthon Chat" Yahoo folder. I won't be posting those.

Octopunk said...

Actually, maybe I will.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost
bape hoodie
curry 6
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350
valentino shoes
michael kors outlet
louboutin shoes
curry 4
supreme new york

mcshesea said...

get redirected heretheir explanation imp sourceuseful link find thislook what i found

boleau said...

replica ysl q43 b1i89v6p10 louis vuitton replica b87 y2x05w4k88 buy replica bags x46 m7d66e7c76

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...