Thursday, August 17, 2006

Interesting if you're from the Goonies generation. I am not.


From Iwatchstuff, "These supposed images of Michael Bay's re-imagined Optimus Prime are already being taken as gospel. You can tell these are top secret photos because someone decided to be cute and put a black bar over Prime's eyes. The rendering looks too half-assed and the design updates too conventional for these to be official images. Then again...

I have fond memories of the Transformers cartoon, I'll hold my hand up there. Part of me was relieved when the original voice of Prime was once again cast in this live-action film. And yet I can't help but suspect Bay is once again going to pervert something good and pure from my childhood. Like that time he made the snuff film of the first girl I ever kissed."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Yah, I'm pretty lukewarm about this whole thing. I even watched the cartoon for a while, too, and I can't drum up any interest.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...