Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mortal Kombat Enters The Unnecessary Sequel Code


From Iwatchstuff, "In what he sadly considers bad news, Robin Shou, known(?) best as Liu Kang from the two best kombat movies ever made, Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, has announced thatt he is being excluded from the next chapter of the Mortal Kombat saga because it focuses on Sub-Zero. Says Mr. Shou:

I got the bad news. I won't be in the next MK. Apparently, Sub-Zero will be the new hero. How'd that come about? No body knows. As if my character never existed. The story supposedly takes place before Lui Kang's time. A prequel of prequel. I haven't read the script but the word out there was... bad. I guess that's why it's taking this long for it to happen.
Though it's bad news for Shou that he won't get another great part, the worse news is clearly for everyone else on earth. I had no idea they were making another one of these things. Hearing this makes me feel like someone froze me, upper-cutted me, threw a little spike on a rope through my neck, (pulled me in and upper-cutted me again), turned into an animal, and tore my head and spine out of my body. And it was sweet!"

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

My old boss Patrick had this cousin of his work in the MTV shop for a while, and later admitted that his cousin was pretty boring and never said anything funny except for this one time: Patrick was driving on the highway with the cousin and one of their tires blew out, it was this moment of shaky driving and noise and his cousin suddenly yelled "Mortal Kombaaaaat!"

I know I fielded this question before, but did we find a video game-based movie that was better than the first Mortal Kombat?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I do remember the question, not the answer... The first Resident Evil was better than it had any businees to be.

Octopunk said...

Okay, I was just nosing around our old posts and the concensus seems to be that Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat are the best video game movies. Seeing as those aren't the best ever movies, I wouldn't say no to throwing Silent Hill in there as well.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...