Friday, August 18, 2006

This isn't Heaven, this sucks!


From the BBC: A 21-year-old US man ended up in hospital after spending two hours trapped in a vat of chocolate, police in Wisconsin said on Friday.
The man said he had climbed into the tank before becoming trapped waist-deep in chocolate, police chief Randy Berner told AP news agency.

However, other reports suggest he was stirring the chocolate when he fell in.

Rescue workers and staff at the Debelis Corporation used cocoa-butter to thin out the chocolate and pull him free.

"It was pretty thick. It was virtually like quicksand," Captain Berner said.

"It's the first time I've ever heard of anything like this," he added.

The worker said his ankles were sore after the incident, and he was taken to a local hospital where he is recovering.

The accident involved dark chocolate.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

I love the last line, and I'm amused that they thinned the chocolate with cocoa butter to get him out. Why not water? He must've thought they decided to just use him in the chocolate.

JPX said...

I was going to say the same thing! What, would it have been better if he fell into a vat of light chocolate?

Man, if I worked there I'd be falling into that chocolate sea every other day. There'd be no learning curve.

JPX said...

This would be like a typical Cross outing. Octo would be all, "Heeeeeeeey want to go see chocolate being made with my family? I'd be like, "I'm there, dude!" Two hours later I'd be that kid in the picture.

Octopunk said...

Like that time you helped us uproot that peach tree and then we buried you in the hole?

Yeah...sorry about that one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...