Thursday, August 17, 2006

Gremlins 3, meh.


From Bloody Disgusting, "We are all hoping for another Gremlins movie, in fact some of us would sell our soul to see Gizmo and co. in action once again. But as much as the fans want to see the green machines eat after midnight, the man behind the franchise, Joe Dante, is pretty much against it. Although confident that Warner Bros. will eventually do a sequel, he feels that a third film isn't necessary. Read on for the skinny...

Joe Dante tells Latino Review, "Gremlins 3! Well, I’m sure there will be one. I know I won’t have anything to do with it. They won’t ask me. But the goal with “Gremlins 2” was to make sure there wouldn’t be a “Gremlins 3”. If there is a “Gremlins 3” they’re welcome to it. I think what’s holding it up is that they can’t conceive of what to do because the first movies were defined by the technology, it was what the puppets could do and do well and not do and that’s what the movies became. Now you could do anything with CGI so the field is so open that nobody could focus on what exactly it should be. I can’t say I’m looking forward to seeing it."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Nice pep talk there, Joe! I'm with him, actually. I really liked Gremlins 2 and I like the way both movies ride the line between humor and horror. But they'd screw it up this time for sure.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...