Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Goonies 2? Lost Boys 3??


From slashfilm, There have been many rumors over the years, and supposedly a script that fell into development hell, but as Hollywood continues to search for my recycled ideas, The Goonies never say die. Moviehole is reporting that Warner Bros is planning a big screen theatrical tent-pole movie release. There are supposedly writers aboard the project, however we have no idea who.

The last script attempt involved a new group of kids, as the daughters and sons of the original Goonies gang, going off on a new adventure. All of the original cast members, including Josh Brolin, have expressed interest during interviews, in returning for a second film, if it were to happen. As much as I’m excited to revisit the characters from my childhood, I wonder if the story will be good enough to justify it. I just got done watching The Lost Boys 2 and I’m kinda worried.

And speaking of The Lost Boys… Clint also has word that Warner (Premiere possibly) is also gearing up for The Lost Boys 3 which would pitt up Corey vs. Corey, Feldman vs. Haim, in a battle set-up at the conclusion of the second dvd movie. Sounds epic… Epic enough for the big screen? I’m guessing that depends on just how much The Tribe sells on DVD.

2 comments:

DKC said...

I think I did chuckle in H&K 2 when Kumar makes the Goonies reference. Mostly becuase I knew jsp would like it.

Octopunk said...

What's funny about that picture is that even the older versions of those kids are way young compared to today.

Somehow I completely missed seeing Goonies as a kid, only catching it a few years ago when my friend's kids watched it. Dreadful.

However, it did clarify a lyric in a rap song I like:

"I'm like Goonies in that well making you think about wishing/Down here is our time, up there is theirs..."

When I saw Sean Astin deliver that speech I was kind of amazed... he delivers almost the same speech in Lord of the Rings.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...