Thursday, October 22, 2009

Have You Scared a Scout Today?

A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent...and scared shitless of Catfreeek and her demonic chanting.

Sorry to break protocol here but this was too funny not to share. Been setting up all week for the youth group haunted house at the church (JPX should be beating my numbers by now) and I happened to be there alone last night around 5:30. I was testing out my cd's for one of the rooms when a mother and her son came in. They had never been to the church before and it was her son's first time at scouts. The scouts don't meet until 6:00, so they walked in to what they thought was an empty church (I was out of view) filled with the sound of whispering demonic chants. I heard, "Hello?.....Let's get out of here!!!"

Of course I stopped them and smoothed things over but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, just a little anyways. Does that make me evil?

10 comments:

JPX said...

I love this story! You should've remained hidden though - they would have talked about this for years!

Catfreeek said...

I just couldn't be that mean, but it was tempting.

JPX said...

When I first glance at the blog I thought "Have You Scared a Scout Today" was the name of a movie you watched. Come to think of it, it does have a nice early 70s vibe.

AC said...

awesome!

Whirlygirl said...

Very cool story! I think I saw signs this morning for your haunted house on Waterman Ave.

JPX said...

Whirly, I love your new avatar, who is strangling you?

DKC said...

That's a riot! Demonic chanting in a church. Can't get much better then that!

Whirlygirl said...

I'm strangling myself. I angled my hand to try and make it look like a large, hairy man hand.

Catfreeek said...

Nice job Whirly, it does look like a hairy man hand.

Octopunk said...

I want to scare that scout that you've pictured. I bet I could make him yack up the pie he just ate.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...