Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Let The Right One In


(2008) ****1/2

I've been sitting on this review for a couple of days now and it's backing up my reviewing process. I like to review the films in order, it helps me to keep from blending them together somehow. Anyway, what's holding me up is AC & Octo's reviews. I keep reading them and trying to think of something fresh or unique to add to them but I'm drawing a blank. I also didn't want to skirt out on the review altogether since this film is well deserving of the 4 ½ stars we've all given it. Just when I thought vampire stories were really becoming boring. With the Twilight series and that Vampire Diaries series filled with all beautiful teenage vampires and True Blood breaking nearly all the laws of vampirism. Then I watched this film and wow!


There really isn't anything to dislike here. The characters are wonderful and so very human. I think we can all relate to the bullying, whether it was happening to us or we saw it happening to someone. I don't believe we have any ex-bullies among us, they might not appreciate the film as much. As Octo said, the snow is delightful, it adds to the ambiance and richness. I really don't know what more I can add so I'll just reiterate what has already been said. Everyone here should watch this movie.

7 comments:

JPX said...

When I know that I am going to be reviewing a movie I don't read other 'Thonner's reviews because it makes it difficult to come up with something fresh to say. Therefore I won't be reading your review yet because I too have been sitting on this one for a while.

Catfreeek said...

Smart choice JPX.

AC said...

so pleased others are watchig this. it was one of the highlights of last year.

Whirlygirl said...

So far it is my highlight of this year. I hope to soon get to writing my review.

Catfreeek said...

Looking forward to it Whirly.

Octopunk said...

Yay! So happy this caught on.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I haven't seen this one yet but it appears to be the only real competition against Martyrs. I'll know tomorrow!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...