Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chuck Palahniuk and DC Comics in Talks


via Paste

He's brought the world plenty of snuff to choke on, and at least one twisted lullaby, and now Chuck Palahniuk is in talks with DC to invade comic stores with his mad-satire.
Speaking with MTV, Palahnuik reported that he and the publisher had discussed the possibility of a limited series release. “I would love to do the kind of ghost monster comics I grew up with,” he admitted, “like those ‘Tales from the Crypt’ comics I just loved as a kid.” In an informal poll, fifteen of twenty people fainted in approval.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Yeah, he could pull it off. Did anyone read his book narrated by the fashion model whose face is half blown off? Creeped me out.

I think it was called Invisible Monsters, but I'm too lazy to check right now.

JPX said...

I have no idea who this person is. I recently purchased some of those bound volumes of Tales From the Crypt comic books and they're a lot of fun.

Landshark said...

He wrote the novel Fight Club and a few other cultish favs. The new Sam Rockwell flick is based on one of his as well...Choke, I think it's called.

I haven't read him, but I've got friends who like him a lot and teach his stuff all the time.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...