Saturday, September 20, 2008

Look whos been lurking in my shed

So we are cleaning out & tearing down our old shed. Thursday night we went out after dark to gather up some stuff to put out for the trash guys when I found this mysterious fanged figure lurking under a snowboard. I don't know where he came from but he had obviously been there for a long, long time. After scrubbing the cobwebs and dirt grime off of him with a toothbrush I decided to have some fun taking pictures with him. Oh yeah, his face & hands glow in the dark too.
We spied Dracula coming out of his castle.
Maybe we can sneak in close and get a few photos.


Crap! I think he spotted us!



Run!!!!!


[UPDATE]

A WORD FROM JPX

JPX feels compelled to solve this toy discovery. What Catfreek has uncovered is a cool collectible from the 1970s. From Plaidstallions, Remco released the Universal Monsters Mini-Monsters in 1979. The six figures were released in non-glowing versions first, then re-released with glow-in-the-dark features. The glow-in-the-dark versions were released on two slightly different cards.


Nice post and pictures, by the way!

3 comments:

JPX said...

That's a sweet find, Catfreek! JSP had The Wolfman and Creature From the Black Lagoon from this set, but as is typical for JSP he promptly lost them. At some point I'm going to turn my collecting obsession towards this Remco series. I'm currently trying to finish up my Remco Love Boat action figure set, which are so stupid that they're a must-have!

Catfreeek said...

That is so wild jpx, thanks for letting me know. I would have never guessed. Honestly, I thought it was a happy meal toy or something like that. Now with only the rotted wood flooring left of the shed I am hoping to uncover the cape. I will keep you posted.

Octopunk said...

Nice bit of sleuthing, JPX! And nice resurrection of a plastic artifact, Catfreeek. I would've guessed Happy Meal toy as well.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...