Saturday, September 13, 2008

Halloween on the Terrace





Since I'm the newby I thought you should know that I am a total Halloween freak! My neighborhood goes completely hog wild, it's like the busy neighborhoods you see in the movies. We literally get hundreds of kids, many people set up haunted houses and it's a night of general mayhem. There's even a spooky parade where all the costumed kids march the streets with a band playing and all. We go through 15 to 25 bags of candy each year.

candy beforecandy after
Tony & I set up the yard, the porch and get into full costume. We have spooky sounds, strobes, fog machines and the scariest thing of all is us! It's a good night if we terrify more that 10 kids so badly that they skip our house. Yes, we count them, bwahahaha.

I always hide Scooby Doo somewhere in my scene, do ya see him?
I really get into make upping as well, I even do all the make up for 2 local haunted houses.
This is very time consuming and has been what's kept me from joining your Horrorthon in the past, but this year I'm giving it a go. I'm really looking forward to this, less than 3 weeks to go. Yay!

Tony

and a moderately younger Tony

Zeke as The Crow, his friend Mark as the Mad Doctor
Oh and yeah, the first 2 pictures are both me.

11 comments:

DKC said...

SO COOL!!!

Can we come to your house for Halloween? Our neighborhood is so lame we usually go to a friends house two towns over.

Catfreeek said...

Sure thing dcd the more the scarier. Our only rule is if you come without costume you will get made up.

DKC said...

Very tempting, I'm sure the 5yr old would love it.

PS - I see Scooby!

Catfreeek said...

It's a world of wonder to a kid. The invite is always open so if you decide to go for it just scream.

miko564 said...

You could rob banks, murder 100's, or just run around the state screaming profanities as Jesus and nobody would EVER pick you out of a line-up. I had no idea it you, none, zippy.

The really cool part is there is some little kid in the neighborhood who is gonna do the same thing you do when he/she gets older. They will explain to people, "I love Halloween, 'cause when I was a kid, there was this one house...".

When Amelia and Max are a little older, we WILL find a way to be in RI for Halloween. They must learn this holiday from experts.

AC said...

catfreeek, fabulous approach to halloween! our neighborhood tends to be quite lame for trick or treating. over time i've decreased efforts to the bare minimum: providing a halloween-themed bucket o'quality candy, most of which finds its way either into my tummy or into work if i have a little self control.

i can see how your all-out commitment to halloween itself is gonna really cut into your horror-movie-watching and movie-blogging time! will you post pictures of this year's decorations and costumes and makeup?

Whirlygirl said...

Awesome makeup!

Catfreeek said...

I will definitely post pictures.

Fun facts about the Jesus costume night:
1) I scared a guy in a devil costume. When he jumped up to scare us he saw me and froze.
2) I had a party and some of my guests were asking me where I was as they entered.

JPX said...

Where do you live, Catfreeek? I just might have to bring the boy by. DCD, if you go you're in charge of documenting your experience for Horrorthon!

Catfreeek said...

JPX I live in Riverside down on the Narragansett Terrace near the Crescent Park Carousel. It's a blast, an experience any kid would love and you are more than welcome to come.

DKC said...

We finally made it to the Carousel on Labor Day, it's tough for us to get there because we work on weekends.

It was excellent. Jake even managed to grab a couple of rings. He was so psyched.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...