Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Cats of Amityville


Who could forget the original 1979 film "The Amityville Horror". I remember tearing through that book at the tender age of 14 followed by Stuart Rosenberg bringing all the frightening pages to life on the big screen. Of all the visuals that were put into that film none were as haunting as the glowing red eyes of Jody the pig showing through the window. Those eyes were all we could talk about at school.
Well, 1979 to 2008 marks a world of difference in special effects. The red glowing eyes seemed to have lost their edge over the years & were even left out of the 2005 remake. Still, those of us who were fortunate enough to experience the nail biting terror of those eyes in a time of cgi free special effects will be able to appreciate...
The Cats of Amityville



6 comments:

JPX said...

Cool creepy shots but the first picture isn't showing up.

Catfreeek said...

Crap, it was just a web link to the Amityville Horror promo pic.

Catfreeek said...

I think I fixed it

Whirlygirl said...

I have never seen Amityville, and was planning on putting it on my list.

Very cool pics, Catfreeek

Octopunk said...

Are these doctored or just relying on the natural, creepy reflective properties of cats' eyes? I've got a couple Demon Cat pictures of Harold.

Either way, awesome.

Catfreeek said...

Whirly~ can't wait to read your review. I still think the theme song is really creepy.

Octo~ Thanks and no photo doctoring was involved. I was outside with Merlin, our stray kitty last night when I noticed 2 of my inside boys eying me from the window (the first pic) it so reminded me of Jody the pig that I had to post them.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...