Friday, March 12, 2010

Paramount to Release Movies That are Cheap, Risky and Silly



[Edit from Octopunk: I think we all need to hop on the discussion that started in the comments today, so I moved this back to the top]

From worstpreviews, After the success of "Paranormal Activity," Paramount Picturesannounced that it will create a new production company that will create ten low-budget theatrical releases per year, each with $100,000 budget.

Paramount announced: "We want to find and distribute crazy, unpredictable, and hopefully awesome movies - movies that make you want to line up to see at your local theater with all your friends (and us). Movies that a big studio would never release because they're too risky, too silly, and they don't star Sandra Bullock."

The name of the new company is Insurge Pictures. It already has a domain name (insurgepictures.com, but no website yet. Stay tuned as the studio begins to reveal the projects it will take on.

12 comments:

Octopunk said...

Okay guys, it's time to bang together the Horrorthon script.

DKC said...

Or at least pick out which actors would play us in the movie.

DKC said...

Oh wait, there's no budget for big actors. Never mind.

Octopunk said...

No! That's better. We can pick the C-list actors that could play us. I get Corey Feldman!

Or maybe William Baldwin.

Octopunk said...

Ha! Now that I think of it, Corey Feldman is JPX.

JPX said...

Wait, what?

Catfreeek said...

Ooh, can I get Karen Black to play me?

JPX said...

I really liked Paranormal Activity and I love the idea of making cheap movies. I bet a few gems will come out of this plan.

Octopunk said...

Stay on topic, Corey!

I think Karen Black sounds perfect, Cat. Who do we got for Johnny Sweatpants? Maybe the Asian kid from Goonies?

Catfreeek said...

Maybe we can get Winona Ryder to play Whirly. I don't think she's been doing much lately.

DKC said...

Is Gillian Anderson considered C list by now? I always thought she should play me in a movie.

"Stay on topic, Corey" just made me laugh out loud!

Catfreeek said...

Me too DCD, Corey! *giggle*

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...