Friday, March 05, 2010

Reaction formation


California State Senator Roy Ashburn, who has "a history of opposing gay rights," was arrested in Sacramento early Wednesday morning for driving under the influence after a CHP officer spotted his SUV weaving in and out of traffic. According to the local CBS affiliate, Ashburn, a divorced father with four daughters, was with an unidentified male passenger. It's also being reported that he had just left Faces, a gay club in the Sacramento.

Ashburn issued this boilerplate apology:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

2 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Funny, I saw this right after you mentioned it yesterday.

Jordan said...

There's so much of this specific bullshit going on now...

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...