Thursday, September 09, 2010

Sadness: Dinosaur Knowledge Versus Age



From geekology, Damn that makes me sad. By the time you're old enough to make a graph about dinosaurs you can't even spell dinosaurs correctly. It's enough to make a dinophile cry. Which reminds me: my second semester at college I managed to sign up for a senior-level paleontology course despite it having a whole bunch of prerequisites I never took. Yeah, and not only did we never watch Jurassic Park, the teacher tried to fail me for stealing bones. I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I THOUGHT MY LAB FEES COVERED THEM!

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

That is a bummer, but I expect a spike on my own graph when Zack starts learning dino facts. Because he'll be barking them into my ear all day long.

I knew a guy who had nicked some ancient Early Man skulls from a Columbia storage room. That sounds really cool but they actually weren't that great. I don't think he got the good ones, which immediately cost him my respect.

(Years later this guy threw a Xmas carolling party that I refused to attend. Turned out it was an abysmally horrible party, which is a story for later. Point is, I saw it coming. The skulls! The skulls...)

JPX said...

Tell Zack that there is no such thing as dinosaurs and that all the bones in all the museums are just God's way of testing our faith.

Octopunk said...

Actually I'm gonna show him some angel bones and say it was the dinosaurs' way of testing us.

Julie said...

I'm gonna break some angel bones in front of him and tell him I made God mad and will burn for it.

DKC said...

My dino knowledge has definitely incresased since Jake is so interested in them. It's totally fun!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...