Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm getting a little excited...


Doesn't this just make you smile?

Killing some time Saturday morning I strolled through KMART and stumbled upon the glorious image seen above. Yep, it’s that time of the year, gang! The back-to-school banners have been put away and in its place is the happiest sight of the year, the official start of Halloween season. Some will argue that October 1st is that start date but nuts to them, I say! I consider the beginning of Halloween to be the first time I see Halloween candy for sale. I walked up and down the aisles checking out this year’s crop of candy, costumes, props, and other paraphernalia of the haunting season. I know some of you out there are itching to watch horror, myself included. In fact I violated my own rules of never watching horror movies outside of October and recently checked out Orca: The Killer Whale; great, awful stuff. I wish I had saved it for October. I’ve had several conversations with both JSP and Whirlygirl about Horrorthon and both acknowledged a desire to watch horror. I’m really looking forward to this year’s event, only 18 days to go, better stock up on your movies!


Woot!

10 comments:

DKC said...

Woot, indeed!!

Octopunk said...

Heh heh... that was perfect. I check the blog yesterday and see the post below with the empty shelves, then today the shelves are filled! I thought it was the same post with a new picture.

I, too, am excited. Like "extra o" excited.

Wooot.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I also get all worked up inside when I see Halloween displays for the first time. I like those Halloween stores started popping up in recent years although admittedly they're filled mostly with cheap crap presumably made in China.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Anyone have any cool costumes in store for this year? I want to do the Baseball Furies from the Warriors but I need to enlist others to join my gang.

AC said...

mr. ac and i were up in salem yesterday and saw a kick ass costume store, but i don't think we have any costume parties slated yet. if we do dress up this year, it'll be tempting and simultaneously disturbing to go as mojo jojo and powerpuff bubbles.

i'm guessing catfreeek has a fab costume already planned....

w00t!

Catfreeek said...

I'm verrrry excited, this is going to be a good year. I have some friends coming to visit at the end of October. They have never been to New England and we plan on showing them what Halloween is all about! A trip to Salem and some local spooky places finished by the crazy trick or treat madness in my neighborhood.

Whirlygirl said...

I haven't thought about a costume yet, I'm been busy trying to compile my movie list so I can crush you all this year, and that includes you too cat.

Catfreeek said...

I'll believe it when I see it Whirly, bring it on!

JPX said...

Aren't you the cocky one, Whirly? Bring it!

Whirlygirl said...

You know that I say this every year and I'm lucky if I write ten reviews. My goal this year is to write a review for every movie I watch. No slacking.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...