Monday, September 13, 2010

Haiku Hump Day Results -- I just closed my eyes and pointed at the screen to pick a winner*


I'm giving this one to Mr. AC for his shaving cream hammer story.

My makeshift hammer

Sealed and filled with shaving cream

Yearning to break free



It's clearly labeled

I should have read the warning

But it was too late



Covered in white foam

The can still spewing wildly

I ran for the door



AC stood laughing

My moving day misfortune

Famous for all time

In addition to being a cute story, the Mr. gets style points just for good storytelling. It's a slow reveal, the shaving cream epic -- we're all the way at the sixth haiku in the series before we know what the error of focus is going to be, and it isn't until the ninth that we're told the nature of the improvised hammer. Smooth, Mister. Round of applause for you.


* - I promise I didn't.

8 comments:

50PageMcGee said...

Runners up:


Stan:
Three Mile Island guy

Spills coffee on control deck

Boy is HIS face red

Pants:
My possessions break
Mom tells me I'm "hard on things"

I call it "badass"

Also, Missus AC's 'ku about breaking her thumb in dance class left me wondering whether "just don't ask me how," meant she's confused herself, or there's an embarrassing story there. If there is, spill it AC.

HandsomeStan said...

Congratulations, Mr. AC! It's no accident that you can't spell "accident" without an A or a C.

AC said...

woohoo mr. ac! love that ol' shaving cream story. glad it finally bore some practical fruit.

a little of both, 50p; both confused and embarassed. plus it happened so many years ago, i can't be expected to remember details, can i?

DKC said...

That was an excellent, excellent haiku story. Congrats, Mr. AC!

Catfreeek said...

Big congrats Mister, great story. The visual of it exploded in my mind as the can exploded on your face.

Whirlygirl said...

Excellent mr ac! How about you make this weeks haiku topic "one arm johnny's."

Octopunk said...

Congrats Mr. AC! The payoff to that story was supreme.

Mr. AC said...

Thanks so much, guys! I am honored to have had my kus selected this week, and humbled by everyone's kind words. As for tomorrow's HHD topic, I like Whirlygirl's "One Arm Johnny's" suggestion, but I wouldn't want to give her an unfair advantage (sorry, Whirlygirl). Stay tuned to
find out the new HHD topic for tomorrow!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...