Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jordan 07 Horrorthon Preview Post


1) I will watch horror movies. I will not get anywhere near the sheer volume of titles watched by the other participants. I will review the movies as is appropriate.

2) I will comment on other reviews. I will in so doing occasionally express a certain amount of (for example) extreme contempt for certain movies or filmmakers or (alternatively) extremely long-winded adulation for others; this should be interpreted within the framework of Horrorthon wherein it's just a bunch of half-assed opinions and nobody gets hurt except the unlucky victims in the movies.

3) I'm interested in certain extremes of the genre: multiple generations of the same idea; flashes of modernism in very old horror movies; rationalist vs. Jungian or Freudian horror; thematic connections between stories; and, especially, moments of unusual technical brilliance or imagination that make all the difference.

In 23 minutes...

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

First lol of the 'thon! That picture! Yes!

You really should be wearing more than just socks, dude.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Dammit! 52 mts to go for myself and I can already tell I won't make it through a movie tonight... But at least I'll be chuckling in my sleep over this picture!

JPX said...

My God, man! That's the funniest goddamn thing I've seen in a while! A Freudian would have a field day with that picture, but alas, I'm a hardcore behaviorist. A cigar IS just a cigar.

Jordan said...

Octo, of COURSE you pad around the Overlook in your socks!

Octopunk said...

Yes, you're right. But it's bad enough stepping in a puddle of water in your socks...imagine how much worse it is in your situation.

Octopunk said...

I keep coming back to look at this picture. I'm not sure which I like better, the reflection on the floor or that look on your face.

Okay, it's the look on your face. But nice work on the reflection.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...