Monday, September 24, 2007

Museum Guide Robots Have Eyeball Heads


From geekology, Enon is a robot created by Fujitsu that meets visitors to Kyotaro Nishimura's museum and then guides them through the exhibits. It uses arm gestures and a chest embedded LCD screen to get the job done, along with a robotic voice. The company plans to roll other service robots out in the coming years, including security and package transport models. One time my 4th grade teacher grabbed my junk when we were in the mummy exhibit at the museum. I'm not complaining or anything. Actually, I think I'm bragging. High five! Up high. Down low. Damnit, he was a dude :/

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I'm not really convinced that a guide robot would be all that great. It's not going to move very fast, so it would be like getting pulled around by an old relative who expected you to go "ooh" and "ahh" when it made an arm gesture.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...