Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I got a rock!

So I'm doing late night catch-up right now in order to steel myself for hearty bloggery starting next week. And I find JPX's posting of CRACKED.com's list of traumatizing cartoons. I haven't read the whole thing, but I did read the write-up for #1, in which raccoons wage war using their testicles.



And I find on the comments page this sad little gem:

"But but...where is the rest of the list :( All I see is a rock :( I want to be traumatized all over again"

Because when poor Anas Demens Purpurea (whose excellent avatar I placed up at the top) clicked on the link that our own, dear JPX, bless 'im, had dropped in the post, she got this instead:



I was just so immediately reminded of Charlie Brown's Halloween I had to point it out.

Anyhoo, sorry about that ADP. I'd say that normally we strive to prevent this sort of thing but really we're just beholden to each other and the very loosestly defined boundaries of good taste. I believe I speak for all of us, however, when I say I appreciate you tuning in, just as I'm pleased to see any of our precious few commenters who aren't related to us, friends of ours from school, or viral blogbots designed to drop flattering comments about James Franco. That includes good old Maze and Captain Howdygirl, if she's still out there.

And stay tuned! Things are about to get interesting. For eleven-twelfths of the year this blog is an engaging Clark Kent, but in October the phone booth is traversed and it's Superblog. When was the last Horrorthon you won, Johnny Sweatpants? Two thousand and...three? Oh, very impressive, I'm sure.

(This could be Super Pac-Man all over again, but I'll go down swinging.)

HorrorTHON!

11 comments:

JPX said...

I put the rock link there on purpose as a joke but it bombed! Sorry guys, it won't happen again.

Sarah said...

hehe, thats the funny thing, i knew it was a joke, but i just really wanted the rest of the list, sry to be a joke killer :S On the flipside though! My avatar is in one of the posts ;)

JPX said...

Yeah, that's a terrific Avatar! So anas, are you going to write some reviews for us during October? Go to last year's October archive to see what I'm talking about. We'd love to have some contributions!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Hold on, bacdafucup. Raccoons wage war with their testicles?

Octopunk said...

On purpose? And you knew it? Man I feel dumb. But not that dumb, I got a good post out of it.

Sarah said...

So who do i talk to about this whole horrorthon thingie? And if i were to watch one of them, so called, "horror" movies, how much MONEY will you pay me to piss in my pants? 'Cause those things are scary!

So yes, someone fill me in with the rules and where I'm supposed to write about the films and I will gladly consider the curious proposition.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Anas demens Purpurea - We'd be thrilled to have you participate this year! Cool blogs by the way, I was combing through the lalalala blog all day today. (Incidentally, can I call you Anus Demon for short?)

The Horrorthon competition began in 2000 as a bet between my brother (JPX) and myself to see who could watch more horror movies in the month of October. Details of this year are sketchy at best but it ended in a tie - 6 movies to 6 movies. I won the following three years and I was very pleased with myself. Those who know me understand that I am both a very sore loser and a complete asshole winner.

In 2003, we amended the rule so that we were obligated to write brief summaries and reviews of the movies we watched. This rule was enacted because JPX is an extremely shady bastard who cannot be trusted so I needed some proof that he actually watched the movies he said he did.

Enter Octopunk. So this sonovabitch joined in 2004 and raised the bar in every way. His intense analysis of the films combined with his talented writing skills forced JPX and myself to put some effort into our reviews. Which, I suppose was a good thing. Being creative and social was enough to justify parking ass on the couch to watch garbage for an entire month. He also created this nifty blog. (At that point we thought "blog" was some kind of booger or sex toy.)

I'mNotMarc became a brilliant addition in 2006 and the mighty Jordan added a handful of genius reviews as well. Check out the October/November archives to see examples. That's pretty much it. Am I forgetting something?

Sarah said...

yes but, being anal and all (apparently) I need EXACT rules, and again where do i write these reviews? Lol i liked how your 5 paragraphs managed to answer neither question :D

Sarah said...

(of course i didn't mean to come off as an ungreatful noob, i did of course much appreciate the elaborate backstory) *Steps slowly backwards without blinking and runs for her life*

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Dammit! I just wrote a long, meandering comment but there was some error and it didn't post. But to sum it up:

1) I had absolutely nothing to do with your missing turtles and

2) It's your fault, garlic salt.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

No, the rules are very straight-forward - just write reviews of horror movies. Invite her to the blog Octopunk!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...