Saturday, September 22, 2007

Perfect for a Horrorthon dinner


From geekology, If you want guests to know you'll kill them if they don't like the food you've prepared, try this little guy. Designed by Raffaele Iannello, and available from thinkgeek, "The Ex" is available in red or black ($70) and chrome ($100). It even comes with five knives, so you're ready to do some stabbing right out of the box. I would get one, but the doctor says I'm not allowed to have any sharp objects. The last time I had a Swiss Army knife I cut two fingers off. They weren't mine though, they were the doctor's. I'm from the old school, where you hold the thermometer in your mouth -- I don't do the whole ass temperature thing.

3 comments:

DKC said...

HA!
I think I might have to get one of those for the Chef husband.

50PageMcGee said...

nat and i went to dinner at her cousin's house the other night and he had that exact knife holder. it got tons of compliments by the various guests.

the one thing i found a little dissatisfying about it (and believe me, this is really picky -- on the whole it's every bit as kick-ass as it looks) is that the knives slide into these plastic sheathes that stick out the back and those things stay attached, so the effect is ruined a little bit when you take the knife out and the plastic thing is still there.

obviously, there's no way around this. for safety's sake, those plastic sheathes have to be there.

50PageMcGee said...

the knives were good too.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...