Monday, September 24, 2007

'Fred Claus' Poster May Be Offensive


From iwatchstuff, I know that Fred Claus is about Santa Claus's brother coming to visit and annoy him for the holidays, but I think there are two ways this could play out.
The bad way: Like Houseguest, starring Sinbad, or Uncle Buck, we're meant to find it amusing that they've created a terribly obnoxious character that we're forced to endure for two hours.

The good way: Like What's Eating Gilbert Grape, we see how even the most giving man on Earth cracks under the pressure of dealing with his screaming, retarded brother.

Originally I would have assumed the first option, but this poster has me thinking we've still got a shot at the good one.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Paul Giamatti as Santa is pretty intriguing, but if a holiday movie doesn't have Zooey Deschanel in a little elf suit, count me out.

JPX said...

I saw the trailer it was about as funny as a fart in an elevator.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...