Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Justice League sounds cool!


From filmstalker, Apparently there were spoilers galore all over the Interflab for Justice League of America, and so when I struggled with myself to open the window you can imagine my disappointment when I read what looks more like the average plot line than spoilers.

The good news is the guy that has the spoilers for us has held back on the biggest one, the one he says is like the end of Seven or The Usual Suspects, that kind of spoiler. So what we are left with is a plot outline really, and there's nothing really that I would judge a spoiler.

Of course I could be wrong, perhaps there are parts of this that are major league spoilers, perhaps some of these things don't out till the latter half of the Justice League of America script with big fanfares and flourishes.

So if that is the case and you're slightly concerned, then I suggest you read no further. Otherwise here we go.

The Justice League are together and it seems to comprise of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Martian Manhunter with the word being that John Stewart is going to play the Green Lantern.

The Flash has a crush on Wonder Woman and is played as a young character. Let's face it though, who wouldn't have a crush on Wonder Woman, and she is the one that acts as the public face for the JLA.

Here's the bit that could be considered either the plot or a spoiler.

Batman has created a device called Redeye which allows him to spy on people without them knowing. This allows him to gather secrets about the rest of the League to keep in case they are ever needed as insurance to protect the other members or to keep someone in line.

However the evil characters of the series, no that isn't revealed, get hold of it and start to use it against them all. Meantime one of the JLA turns bad.

That's about it, but you can read more detail of the Redeye and a bit more detail around that plot device over at UGO who broke the story, found through the excellent JoBlo.

I have to say though that the Redeye sounds a bit poor in my eyes. It's just too “all seeing”, if you'll pardon the expression. Batman sticks to real world equipment, sort of near future, and this just seems a little too much for me.

Of course I haven't read any of the JLA work, so for all I know that's how the Batman there is, but it does seem a little too big for the Batman I know. However with a group of such all powerful characters, I always wondered what they could possibly be up against that could defeat them, and this certainly could in the wrong hands.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

The best Wonder Woman would be Evangeline Lilly, but I don't really think it would be a smart career move for her.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...