Monday, September 08, 2008

Killer pens

From x-entertainment, I chew pens, but I know where to draw the line. Despite the beautiful irony, you don't chew Leatherface.

Maybe it was the reasonable prices, or maybe it was because Walgreen's hasn't dug up all of this year's really great Halloween stuff yet. Whatever the reason, I couldn't resist this trio of terrible pens, sold for two bucks a pop, each bearing the torso of one of Hollywood's leading slashers.
I'm a little unsure of the target audience, since those who might appreciate pens topped with Leatherface figures generally aren't young enough to get away with using pens topped with Leatherface figures. Wacky pens are pretty preteenish.

Of the trio, Leatherface is clearly the coolest. Based on the retardo cannibalo's look from the original flick, the figure is perfectly detailed, right down to the meaty pink apron splotches. While Freddy and Jason are far more beloved, their pen figures are also way out of scale. Jason's head looks about 30% smaller than a size I can rally behind, while Freddy's claw is so oversized that I'm left wondering if he didn't trade arms with some kind of giant, mutant mudpuppy. I'm not too pissy about this. It's nice to see Leatherface win a slasher battle once in a while.

1 comment:

Catfreeek said...

I love them,I want them!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...