Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Last House on the Left

(2009) **1/2

Remake of the 1972 cult classic that at the time was quite shocking. The original has not worn well over time and this remake is just as bad. The characters are all stereotypical for their roles and the film is utterly predictable. It can be summed up easily through the following pictures and captions.

These two teenage girls

Meet this sullen faced boy and go back to his motel room to smoke pot

Unfortunately he also shares the room with these folks who aren't happy with him for bringing the girls back to the room

So they toss them into the car and drive off

To this remote spot in the woods. Where
after crashing the car they proceed to rape and murder the girls

But this one isn't quite dead

They show up at a house whining about the accident and are invited to stay

But the house belongs to Mom & Dad of not quite dead girl who gets found by them and outs the bad people for who they really are

Mom & Dad are pissed and take revenge

Beating the bad guys like nobody's business

Yeah, whatever.

5 comments:

Trevor said...

Again, rape is not entertaining. I really dislike horror movies that center around rape. Rape belongs on the Lifetime channel, where women can overcome it and punish its purveyors.

JPX said...

Gentle reminder: Please don't give away the entire plots of movies even if you disliked them. I actually thought this film had some game, review coming soon =)

DKC said...

I agree with you Trevor. Although the Lifetime channel comment made me laugh out loud!

Octopunk said...

I see your point JPX, but oddly enough I read a review of this movie that doled out the same information.

I recognize that I should watch the original LHotL because I've never seen it and it's a classic yadda yadda. But I sorta don't wanna.

Maybe my 'thon theme one year should be all the movies I don't want to watch.

Catfreeek said...

I wouldn't have said anything about the girl being not quite dead but they actually tell you that in the trailer.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...