Monday, October 12, 2009

Pieces


(1982) **1/2

A kid is caught assembling a nudie puzzle by his Mom. She flips out and starts ripping through his room finding magazines and yelling. The boy quietly turns away, grabs an ax and buries it in Mom's head. We then jump to 40 years later when he starts his killing spree. I'm not sure why he decided to wait 40 years but he's still a pervert who targets sexy coeds. He is assembling a real life puzzle by collecting body parts.


Yeah it's pretty bad but I would class this as a so bad it's good. JPX rated it 2 stars back in 2004 but I gave it an extra ½ because it kept making me laugh. I would say this is a step above a Troma film only because it tries to be serious. I'd hold it even with Motel Hell for a comparison. Crappy but fun.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

What's funny to me is I remember watching this when it was on cable in the early eighties with JPX of all people, because we were doing our best to watch all the slasher movies cable could throw at us. This was during the first boom of Halloween and Friday the 13th knockoffs, so that was a lot.

We've come so far since then.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...