Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We Interrupt This Horror Deluge...

Hey everyone! A thousand apologies for this non-horror post - I know I've been weak on the review front so far, and I hate to catch Catfreeek in the middle of her usual 17 evening posts, but I thought I'd pass along a little (sort of) non-horror-related tidbit:

MrsX, significant other to Stan, will be appearing tonight on the ABC sitcom "The Middle" at 8:30pm on ABC (check local listings, you West Coast time zone weirdos...)

Photobucket

This was one of two kickass principal roles she landed while we were both out in LA this summer. She plays a snarky Guidance Counselor, and from what I've gathered, her scene is pretty funny, even by sitcom standards. It could lead to some recurring spots.

The OTHER role was the lead in a really cool indie thriller, where she's handicapped, gets locked in a fridge, almost gets raped twice, and gets to shoot this guy who has a knife dildo on:

Photobucket

Fortunately, he's cool:

Photobucket

I'll be reviewing this movie NEXT year, and I'll be sure and let the Thon community know when it's going to be released.

In the meantime, 8:30 tonight, ABC! Take a half hour break, and see how MrsX paid the bills that month! (She's really very, very good, by the way...)

Love all of you...THON!

9 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Just set the DVR, that's really great news and I can't wait to watch. It'll be a welcomed break from horror. Well, a short break anyway. Congrats MrsX

Octopunk said...

I have also set the DVR, although perhaps I should take advantage of the half-hour Cat won't be watching horror movies to catch up with her. Let me just check the score site here to see what that would take...

...never mind.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Give Krista a hug for me.

AC said...

argh, missed the mrs! those darned mentally ill people, cramping my blog activities again. :(

HandsomeStan said...

Ah! Not to worry, AC, turns out this was just a practice run on all the hype.

She discovered, to her growing horror (I KNEW i could work that word in somewhere), that as the episode progressed, this was NOT HER EPISODE. She promptly called the production office, who breezily informed her that oh yes, they moved the airdate for that episode to October 28th, ha ha!

So after I restarted her heart, we embarked on a team effort to send out the mass messages for all the fans of MrsX (and, ahem, HandsomeStan) who were so willingly giving their support. Thank you guys for your good, kind words, and I will be deliberately taking up space and wasting everyone's time again in approximately one fortnight, with exactly the same message.

JSP, hug delivered. Along with defibrillator paddles.

And now, back to Catfreeeeeeeeeeek, who will be delivering one review per "e" in her name tonight :)

Love you all!

Thanks, everybody!

Catfreeek said...

I'm resetting my DVR right now :)

AC said...

sorry mrs.x was traumatized, selfishly glad i didn't miss her show. definitely remind us again inna coupla weeks.

DKC said...

I am also happy to hear it was rescheduled as I missed this post. Next time can you give a day out kind of warning? We don't *sob* have a DVR anymore so I want to be sure to see it!

Trevor said...

I didn't remember to start watching until 8:40, and I thought I had missed the "snarky guidance counselor" in the first ten minutes - glad to know I'll have another chance.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...