Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Baby's Room


(2006) ***1/2

This film is part of a Spanish series, 6 films to keep you awake. A family of 3 move into an old house intending to renovate it. On the very first night they hear strange voices coming over the baby monitor and they freak out. The next day Juan, the husband goes out and buys a video baby monitor. That night he sees a man sitting next to the baby's crib, but when he goes into the room no one is there. The sightings continue but Juan seems to be the only one seeing them. As time wears on we begin to wonder if it's real or if Juan is going mad.


This is my kind of horror, very atmospheric and tense. I was kept guessing pretty much right up to the end. The first time the guy appears on the monitor he looks so damn eerie. Perhaps it was just the night vision which gave him and the baby glowing eyes. I don't think so though, it was just creepy seeing him sitting there next to the crib. I would freak right out if I saw that in my baby monitor. Juan's reactions are genuine albeit over the top at times. But I would have to say that I would be pretty wigged out too. This was the first of the 6 films to keep you awake that I watched and I was very impressed with it.

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Ah, but did it keep you awake?

Octopunk said...

Actually, I can't think of anything that keeps you awake more than a baby.

Landshark said...

That first image is cool looking--I want to check this one out.

Catfreeek said...

Landshark It's a two sided disc with the film To Let on the back side. My review will be up soon.

DKC said...

Ha-ha, Octo!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...