Friday, June 04, 2010

HHD results to come soon


Yup, saw these guys last night, one of several totally valid reasons I'm running late with results (a work conference is in town and Mr. AC and I are hosting a friend). That said, I've narrowed down the field and plan to post reults tomorrow no matter what. I can safely say for now the haikus exceeded expectations, made me laugh out loud, and whetted my appetite for even more concert anecdotes (and explanations of some of the anecdotes shared), so thanks all very much for the juicy contributions!

9 comments:

Octopunk said...

Who are those guys? They look like a maraca-bearing David Lynch and an old mummy.

AC said...

pretty much: they're ray manzarek and robbie krieger of the doors. robbie does look like death warmed over, but man can he still play. the show was fabulous.

Catfreeek said...

aren't they from the Doors?

Catfreeek said...

Oh shoot, didn't see your post AC, good guess on my part. I recognized the glasses.

AC said...

catfreeek, they played all doors tunes. if ida known that was their plan i would have invited the whole blog. i was just blown away.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah but... isn't the Doors really all about Jim Morrisson?

AC said...

johnny, i'm just as surprised as you are.

The Mr. said...

Did Scott Wieland do vocals? or the former Cult singer Ian Astbury? spelling?

AC said...

the lead singer was steelheart vocalist michael matijevic. he did a phenomenal job. i was skeptical at first but he totally won me over.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...