Monday, June 07, 2010

Goodbye Productivity: Remake Of Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link As A First Person Shooter



From geekology, Some guy (Michael Johnston -- not the track star) went and remade Zelda II: The Adventures of Link as a 3-D first person shooter THAT YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE. Boy I bet our bosses are happy today!

This game was incredibly fun to make. I am a fan of the original NES game and love its innovations and clever game design. But as we all know, Zelda games are long and complex. When starting this project I had to choose very carefully what I had time to accomplish if this game was ever to see the light of day. As a result I decided to remake the beginning of the game up to the end of the first boss. This seemed simple enough, but I knew it would be a challenge. This is the result of my learning programming for the first time and a labor of love making this game in 3D.
So yeah, you only get to play till right after the first boss. But did that stop me from whipping Horseface's ass three times in a row? It did not. It was my boss pulling the plug on my computer and firing me (anybody hiring underwear models?).

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...