Monday, August 23, 2010

10 Minor Star Wars Characters With Completely Unnecessary Backstories

5) Lumpy


From toplessrobot, I hate Lumpy. About 98% of Star Wars fans hate Lumpy. He's Chewbacca's kid from the Holiday Special (and don't try to tell me that the Holiday Special was good, you hipsters, just because you enjoy it in an ironic way) and his only two responsibilities in it are to shriek at things and stare at things. If he were relegated to the abysmal TV show and forgotten about that would be fine, that would prove that God is forgiving, but he's appeared in more novels than Captain Nemo, Jason Bourne, and Jack Ryan combined. He's even had four names, Lumpawarrump (birth name), Lumpy (nickname), Lumpawaroo (adult name), and Waroo (nickname based off his adult name). Like nearly every character in the Star Wars universe, he's had to rescue Han Solo in the past.

See the rest here

4 comments:

DKC said...

Jeebus - I had no idea there was a Wookieepedia! That's really...something.

Octopunk said...

Wookiepedia is awesome! It's also probably the best-named specialized wiki out there.

Because of Wookies!

Incidentally, this is the second of two articles on the subject. You can find the first here.

I'd like to say I'm not surprised at how much of this there is, but jeez. The color of the duffel bag used in basic Stormtrooper training by the guy who says "Look sir, droids!"???

It's like Obi-Wan said: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if millions of voices suddenly cried out 'I've wasted my life!' in terror and were suddenly silenced by the continued sound of chomping Doritoes."

(I'm paraphrasing, but I'm pretty sure he says that.)

DKC said...

Oh my god, you are hilarious.

Octopunk said...

That may be true, but I misspelled "Wookiee" twice.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...