Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Star Tours safety video



From x-entertainment [excerpt] It’s old news, but I’m still smarting from the current-and-impending losses of Star Tours attractions from various Disney parks, which, as I understand it, are being totally gutted and revamped for the 2011 crowd. Sure, the ride is a little dated and can’t hold a candle to the sophistication of Disney’s more recent forays, but at the risk of losing that awesome Star Tours “safety video” starring Chewie and Ree-Yees, I have to ask: “Is nothing sacred?”

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Yeah. *Sniff*

I'm lucky that I live near Disneyland and I've managed to ride Star Tours three times since the fall of '07. I will miss it in a big way. Death Star trench!

By the way, there is a "hidden Mickey" in that video. Hidden Mickeys are hard-to-spot doodads all over the park, set up like a scavenger hunt for kids to find. Mostly they're images of Mickey but other characters are featured too. In the video it's the stuffed Mickey Mouse toy one of the Ewoks is carrying as they take their seats.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...