Friday, September 30, 2011

DCD's Best of Horrorthon, 2010


Okay - I said I was going to do this a week ago, but the H2010 deadline is upon us so this is my final chance!  I've changed a couple of categories to better fit some of the flicks I watched.

Here's my listy-loo:

All Around Favorite: Let The Right One In

Worst Movie:  The Descent Part 2

Most Disturbing Movie: Antichrist (hands down winner in that category!)

Goriest:  There were a couple of movies that topped the gore in not so great ways - Descent2 and Daybreakers being the ones that stand out in my mind. For successful gore I think I would have to say Quarantine was the best.

Scariest: Again - no question on this one for me, Paranormal Activity was It.

Hottest Hottie: Although perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, Willem Dafoe gets my vote here. I mean, right?


Most Memorable Killing- Via news camera - Quarantine

Most Memorable Death - "Pipe in the ass" deaths from Let The Right One In

Biggest Disappointment:  Session 9.  So much potential that just didn't deliver for me.

And now....let the 2011 games begin! Whoot!

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Excellent choices! And yes, Willem Defoe is a sexy dude, even if he looks like he's made of jerky.

DKC said...

Ha! A very apt description.

Catfreeek said...

I agree with Willem Dafoe however, I stand by my assessment that they used a stunt cock in Antichrist.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...