Thursday, September 22, 2011

Posted!!!!!


(whypinkfloyd.com) Major Pink Floyd release campaign, Why Pink Floyd?, to include unreleased music from the archives, collectors’ box sets and complete studio recordings remastered.

Pink Floyd and EMI Music, whose association dates from 1967, announce a comprehensive release schedule, to be launched on September 26, 2011, encompassing CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, SACD, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album ‘Best Of’ collection.

The legendary band, who are still one of the most successful and iconic artists of all time, recently signed an agreement with EMI which has allowed the development of a multi-format programme of packages, many containing archive material that has been collated during an extensive process between EMI and Pink Floyd for a range of media formats.


5 comments:

JPX said...

I saw Pink Floyd perform in 1993 and it remains the best concert I've ever seen in my life. This is awesome news.

AC said...

oooooh!

pink floyd is my favorite band, period.

Catfreeek said...

Yes, they are fantastic! Great post!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Cool! I had a feeling that there was a treasure trove of unreleased material that was locked in the "vault" due to the endless litigation and bitterness between Roger Waters and David Gilmore.

I hope it delivers. I love Floyd with all my heart although I don't listen to them much anymore. I've devoured their catalog for so long that at this point I reserve them for special moody occasions. For the past few years I'll choose a weekend (usually in January) and listen to only Pink Floyd. So many great albums... Obscured By Clouds...

In the past decade I've noticed that I keep going back to Relics and Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

Octopunk said...

I do love me some Floyd.

When I showed the video to Zack he saw the giant heads and delightedly said "Guys!"

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...