Monday, September 05, 2011

Happy Labor Day, Horrorthonners!


I hate Labor Day. Sure we get the day off, which is always a good thing, but I have such negative associations with this day. I love Memorial Day because it's the Friday night of the Summer. Labor day is the Sunday night of the summer. It's true that I no longer have to go back to school (thank god) but I still have negative associations with this time of the year. I was talking to Whirlygirl the other day and she thought I was nuts when I said that I associate Labor Day with the depressing Jerry Lewis telethon. Whirly, who is out of it when it comes to certain things remarked, "That's still on? I thought Jerry Lewis died years ago". Back in the era of only having 3 channels, Labor Day usually meant Jerry Lewis on one channel and a Planet of the Apes marathon on one of the others. Either way you're not in for a very good time. I find it impossible to enjoy Labor Day. All it means to me is that I get no mail and I have to go to work tomorrow. Oh well, I shall now go and play The Cure's "The Last Day of Summer" as part of an annual tradition.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

JPX, you're a riot. That was the worst Labor Day toast ever.

I like one thing about both Labor Day and Memorial Day: going to a barbecue and eating grilled sausage. I don't have any barbecue plans today but damn it I'm going to eat a sausage right now.

Horrorthon is coming!

AC said...

honestly, any day off from work is a treat to me!

happy labor day all!

Catfreeek said...

We had a little family gathering to celebrate my oldest son Paul's graduation from college. We had a blast, I guess I should have invited grumpy JPX so his day wouldn't have been so shitty.

DKC said...

I had to work. (Wa-waaaaaahhhh.)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...