Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oh yeah, this happened



I've been frustrated several haircuts in a row because haircutters have some phobia about doing this:


I want straight lines going up from my head, NOT outward curves. This drives me nuts. It seems like every time I get swayed by what they say and then I go home and have to take it in a little myself (and fuck no I'm not going back to get it fixed because I don't have the goddamn time). So I resolved that I was going to DIY my next haircut.

Obviously it's going to be a while before I have to worry about any outward curves coming out of this dome. I started with the back and sides, planning to keep the pineapple-y top/front thatch. And then I got curious what this would look like. And once you start, you gotta finish. It's been over a decade since I balded myself. It's weird because I keep forgetting and then see my reflection or shadow. But I looooove running my fingertips over that fuzz. And so does Zack.

"Daddy's fuzzy head!"

6 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Would it be wrong for me to say that at this point you can and should cut your own hair.

Catfreeek said...

Tony did this a few years back. Well, he actually went the extra mile and razored himself totally smooth. I think it's bold and sassy! Maybe you can talk Tony into shaving his mop again.

JPX said...

What if it doesn't grow back, like in that Seinfeld episode?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

You make a good bald guy. I've always wondered what I'd look like bald but hopefully I'll never have to find out.

AC said...

looks great!

DKC said...

We had to do that to desroc once when I accidentally forgot to put the guide on the clippers. Oops! Luckily, he has an excellent bald head. Much like my brutha! Looking good, my man!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...