Thursday, September 20, 2007

Free Ride Pen Gives No Complimentary Rides


From Geekology, Designer Jean Pierre Lepine (like pen!) has developed the Free Ride Pen. It is an expensive ass writing instrument that reminds me of the thing aliens ram in my exit hole whenever they pick me up for studies. It costs $175.

The Free Ride is designed to be different, ergonomic, and fun. This push top ballpoint features a soft rubber like material in the vital sections where finger meets pen. The arched hull is held in place by hand drilled screws. As Lepine puts it, “I create tomorrow’s writing instruments for today’s men and women”.
If this is tomorrow's writing instrument, I don't know how I feel about the future anymore. I thought it was supposed to be flying cars and robots, not $175 ass probes that double as pens. I don't remember seeing this thing in Back to the Future II. Screw it, I'm getting drunk and passing out somewhere.

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

This is what passes for Horrorthon news these days?

Kidding JPX, I appreciate all the effort you put into keeping this site fresh.

But still... a pen?

JPX said...

A pen from the fuuuuuuuuture...

Yeah it's been a painfully slow news day.

50PageMcGee said...

does it do anything special? i was waiting to see if it shot lasers or made wishes come true, but nothing about that in the post.

maybe it was truncated. anything in the extended article? lasers? anything?

Octopunk said...

"I thought the future was supposed to be flying cars and robots, not $175 ass probes that double as pens" is for sure my favorite line of the day.

Different and ergonomic I get, but fun? Where's the fun? Does it have something to do with that superfluous wheel sticking out of it? I can make a pen from the future if I just have to stick stuff to it. I've got the glue right here.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...