Friday, September 07, 2007

Mary-Kate Olsen doesn’t want you to see her bikini


From thesuperficial, Mary-Kate Olsen wants to be able to hit the beach without fear of predatory bikini shots. While being interviewed about her recurring role on the upcoming season of Weeds, Mary-Kate talked to Entertainment Weekly about her career and the media. Here’s what she had to say:

On her career with twin sister Ashley
“If you look at our career from 21 years ago to today, it was about entertaining a specific audience. It wasn't about acting. It was about pleasing other people and making kids smile.”

On her latest role
“To say that I got to work with those people - with Mary-Louise Parker! - is a great thing. We did have to change our signs, though. When we were on location, we couldn't have Weeds signs up because we would get stalkerazzi.”

On the constant media attention
“So every time I see paparazzi, I cover my face so they don't get a picture, and I'm just ‘the mean person who doesn't smile.’ I would love to be able to swim in the ocean in Malibu. But that is asking for a bikini shot. That's inviting something that I don't want to happen. I don't need to be on a 'Who's Skinny, Who's Fat, Who's Looking Healthy, Who's Not Eating?' list.”

Mary Kate is doing another sitcom. How original. Weeds is exactly like Full House. Except for the profanity. And rampant drug use. And graphic sex. And maybe it has quality acting, an intriguing plot and characters you don’t want to throw under a bus. But, other than that, yeah, it’s the exact same thing as Full House. Geez, try something different for a change.

NOTE: I did get a bikini shot of Mary-Kate Olsen once. It basically looked like two pieces of fabric stapled to a broomstick. If that just turned you on, you’re either a very horny janitor, or in need of shock therapy.

4 comments:

JPX said...

Actually I totally agree with her attitude.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I love Weeds but it pains me that she's joined the cast.

By the way, thanks for the recommendation Octo-Jules! Big Love has taken our household by storm.

Octopunk said...

"Octo-Jules?" Hmmm, okay. Beats "Bennifer."

It's really Julie's discovery, but I'll be sure to pass that along. Glad you like it.

Did anyone ever watch the Michel Gondry dvd?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I haven't gotten that yet. I'll try to get it before October though.

New avatar? What're you... oh that old thing. Thanks for noticing!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...