Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Kolchak; The Night Stalker on Chiller




Recently the new Chiller channel has been running repeats of Kolchak: The Night Stalker it's from 1974 & stars Darren McGavin it was one of my first encounters with horror and it still retains it's original charm.

Carl Kolchak (McGavin) is a nosy reporter who always seems to stumble onto something supernatural. The cops are always irritated with him and frequently destroy his camera and/or film. In other words, he never gets that redeeming picture to prove he was telling the truth. His editor, Tony Vincenzo has chronic heartburn which is clearly caused by Carl. The characters are great and there are so many guest stars, a real chance to get a peek at some beauties like Kathy Lee Crosby & Richard Kiel in their younger days. Great stuff.

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

I used to watch this!

Although I recall that nobody would watch it with me.

AC said...

sounds like a forerunner to the x-files.

JPX said...

I've never been aware of this show!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Catfreeek has been on fire lately with her recommendations. I'm totally hooked on the show Dexter.

Catfreeek said...

I really just have a personal fondness for this show. I was about 9 when it came out and some of the episodes, especially the zombie one scared the poop out of me. I think it stands the test of time because the characters are likable. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think if you venture to watch any of them.

There is also full length feature film that preceded the series, it came out in 1972.

AC said...

hah, i just netflixed dexter disc 1! now if i could just finish firefly....

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...