Saturday, October 10, 2009

Luther the Geek


(1990) **1/2

A serial killer that clucks like a chicken and whose weapon of choice is a custom set of metal teeth filed to razor sharpness. Handsome Stan, this film was made for you.


I really don't know what more I can say. Imagine being tied up and held hostage by a man that can only cluck. Well to be fair, he does occasionally crow like a rooster. I watched this several months ago with Tony and didn't think I would be up for the rewatch but I kept it in the queue just in case. I popped it in first thing this morning and much to my surprise it was better than I remembered. I could just imagine Stan chuckling his way through this film with it's Troma like charm. Yet it isn't near as silly as a Troma production. It seems like they are actually trying to be serious here. If you're looking for something different for a time filler or to add to your tally give this film a whirl.

4 comments:

JPX said...

I'm so pleased that you're willing to cover these Troma pictures, Cat, I could never get through them! You're certainly fleshing out the bleeding edge of what the horror genre has to offer.

In other words, better you than me!

Catfreeek said...

Some of them are worth it but I'm still not sure if that small payoff is worth the pain.

Octopunk said...

Was there some chicken-related trauma in this dude's past? Maybe he's defeated when someone tells him chickens don't have teeth.

Mr. AC said...

Clucking and crowing?
Hey, JPX and AC,
It sounds like Tourette's!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...