Friday, October 16, 2009

Purvos


(2006) Zero stars

Some prostitutes are being murdered and left in their bathtubs by a nut job in a clown mask.


Poorly filmed, weak plot, terrible acting and cheesy effects. All the elements of a great b-rate horror film. Unfortunately Purvos strikes out. The saddest thing is, that it is actually trying to be a serious film. It's so bad it would be laughable if it wasn't so terrible. So bad that I didn't even laugh, now that's bad. This film has no redeeming qualities.

6 comments:

JPX said...

I am convinced that you have discovered a parallel universe where all these strange films come from. I feel sorry for you for having to sit through this! What does the title even mean?

Catfreeek said...

Purvos was a clown from his father's circus in his warped youth.

Who the hell would name a clown something that sounds suspiciously like Pervo!

JPX said...

That's what I thought! When I read the title quickly I thought it was called "Pervert".

Catfreeek said...

No that was the one JSP watched

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Ah yes... Pervert. That takes me back.

Once again, thanks for the head's up on this Catfreeek (not that I was about to rush out and rent it or anything).

Octopunk said...

Prostitutes have bathtubs?

Wow, first zero star score of the 'thon. My hat's off to you, Cat.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...