Tuesday, March 28, 2006

John Travolta's Nephew to Play Thor?

From Iwatchstuff, "In more superhero casting news, Rikki Lee Travolta, nephew of John Travolta, is rumored to have been cast in the title role of the Marvel Comics adaptation of Thor:

The Broadway, New York star, who was among those considered to play JAMES BOND after producers decided to dump PIERCE BROSNAN, has been a favorite to play the Nordic hero for some time - and now it appears he will star in the project.
I honestly thought we'd reached the point where wig technologies would allow us to base casting on something other than having the appropriate hair length. If this rumor is true, this man was clearly chosen entirely for his being a long-haired douche bag. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to Rikki Lee's official site, Travoltanet, to find out of there's an official statement, as well as to boost my own self-confidence.

As bad as this casting might be, let's try to put aside our own feelings to recognize some who may be taking it even worse. Such as the little girl from Adventures in Babysitting."

3 comments:

JPX said...

Although I've never been a Thor fan, I can appreciate him in comic book form. There's something about a life action Thor that always ends up making him look stupid. Go here if you don't believe me: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/amasoni2002/shl/marvel/the_incredible_hulk_returns_(1988).htm

Octopunk said...

For me, the only interesting incarnation of Thor is the one they're currently writing in the Ultimate universe. He's a left-wing hippie Thor, railing against the status quo. There's a fight with the Hulk and Thor doesn't join in until the president doubles the international aid budget.

Plus, he doesn't have the stupid hat or talk goofy.

Octopunk said...

God, the more times I see that picture the more I wonder how they can hire that dude to play anything at all. I can't take guys with long blonde hair seriously. Am I supposed to?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...