Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Johnnie To Directing Chow Yun Fat In US Remake of Hard Boiled!

From Twitchfilm, "Nope, it's not April yet, so I'm assuming this is legit until I hear otherwise.

It appears as though Chow Yun Fat has finally struck upon a sure fire method of repeating his massive Hong Kong success in North America: by repeating his biggest role. Word in Hong Kong's Apple Daily is that Chow Yun Fat will be starring alongside an American actor in a remake of Hard Boiled, arguably one of the best action films ever made. Word is that the director's chair was offered to John Woo who declined to remake his own film, at which point Chow suggested producers contact Hong Kong helmer and obvious Woo admirer Johnnie To (Breaking News, The Mission, Election).

Apple Daily apparently has had the story confirmed by both Chow and To, so this seems dead solid. The film will begin production in May 2007."

7 comments:

JPX said...

I wanted to make a Chow Yun is Fat kind of joke but, oh cobblers!

Octopunk said...

I'm all thrown that the guy's last name is "To." I thought your headline there was saying some dude named Johnnie was directing.

JPX said...

I know! Stupid Japanese.

Octopunk said...

Nice. Make fun of the people who have resurrected the horror genre.

Oh yeah, and it's racist.

Octopunk said...

(I know you're kidding.)

Anonymous said...

jpx, it's all cobblers

JPX said...

I never thought of it that way, Jordan!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...