Thursday, March 23, 2006

Snakes on a Plane re-shoots for an "R" rating

From the why bother? department, Darkhorizons reports, "This month, New Line Cinema's "Snakes on a Plane," which wrapped principal photography in September in Vancouver, went back before the cameras for five days of additional shooting at the Lot in Los Angeles says The Hollywood Reporter.

However it wasn't the usual sort of reshoots, rather the studio decided to create new scenes that would take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory. The second round of filming also came about because of intense and growing fan interest in the movie.

"Snakes" stars Samuel L. Jackson as an FBI agent who has to fight a planeload of snakes unleashed by an assassin bent on killing a witness in protective custody. The David R. Ellis-directed flick hits theatres August 18th."

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

I don't where I flipped, but I was all "meh" on this flick and now I'm kind of into it. That doesn't mean I think it's going to be a film of surprising quality, but I'm just intrigued in a goofy way.

JPX said...

I know, I'm falling for that damn advertising campaign too!

Octopunk said...

What ad campaign? It's just the title! Snakes on a Plane!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...